30 April 2011

Success....(recipe included)

So I hate to disappoint but this blog has no pictures!  We were to busy enjoying our success to take any. The story however begins here The QWEST for the PERFECT BISCUITS!. I just realized that the original post doesn't included the criteria for what makes a perfect biscuits: flaky, the top has to come off as a separate piece like the ones in a can or from KFC, and flavor is always important. After trying several different recipes and methods...I stumbled upon this tasty little tidbit.  The process is what is important here to achieve the flakiness.  The recipe I used however is as follows:

2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup cold butter, cut into slices
1/3 cup powdered milk
3/4 cup half and half (I think buttermilk would work but half and half is what we had.)

Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.  Cut in butter, a pastry cutter works best, and cut until is resembles a course meal.  Kind like corn meal but a little bigger.  Mix in powdered milk.  Add half and half, stir until just combine.  Over mixing ruins the flakiness so be careful.  Then follow the fold and pat down method from the tasty tidbit link.  Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes. Viola!!!  They were delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delish! You should post these on the family website (I had posted a different recipe that I thought turned out ok, but I'd like to try this one).

    ReplyDelete