Just after Matt and I were married he told me that he wanted to make the perfect biscuits. So the pursuit began...
He found a recipe in the Dutch Oven book and set out on his quest!!!
He quickly perfected one of the secrets to great biscuits...
cutting in the butter. shhhhh....
Adding ALL the "precious ingredients because it's like a chemical reaction and it will throw stuff off if you don't get it all"

I love this picture!!! Notice how he's holding the measuring cup...When I commented on it he told me that they put the measuring lines on the wrong side.
Pat not roll another biscuit secret!

Check out that awesome FARMER'S TAN.
Carefully arranging the biscuits in the Dutch Oven...

And the FINAL PRODUCT...

I thought they were wonderful but Matt wasn't satisfied and so the quest continues...
The last battle was on Sunday...I wasn't feeling well so he made me breakfast. Biscuits and gravy. He tried a new recipe and substituted margarine spread for shortening. A few minutes into the endeavor he walked into our bedroom, "Help?" His hands were covered in biscuit mix... I'm a long shot off of perfect biscuits so I wasn't much help...
AND SO THE QUEST CONTINUES...
He found a recipe in the Dutch Oven book and set out on his quest!!!
He quickly perfected one of the secrets to great biscuits...
cutting in the butter. shhhhh....
Adding ALL the "precious ingredients because it's like a chemical reaction and it will throw stuff off if you don't get it all"
I love this picture!!! Notice how he's holding the measuring cup...When I commented on it he told me that they put the measuring lines on the wrong side.
Pat not roll another biscuit secret!
Check out that awesome FARMER'S TAN.
Carefully arranging the biscuits in the Dutch Oven...
And the FINAL PRODUCT...
I thought they were wonderful but Matt wasn't satisfied and so the quest continues...
The last battle was on Sunday...I wasn't feeling well so he made me breakfast. Biscuits and gravy. He tried a new recipe and substituted margarine spread for shortening. A few minutes into the endeavor he walked into our bedroom, "Help?" His hands were covered in biscuit mix... I'm a long shot off of perfect biscuits so I wasn't much help...
AND SO THE QUEST CONTINUES...
No comments:
Post a Comment