22 August 2010

Bountiful Beauties...Open 3-6 AM

As most of you know I milk twice a day at 3AM and 3PM.  I don't think I need to say much about the benefits of 3PM but 3AM is a bit of a stretch to the imagination I'm sure.  It is for my mind most days anyway.  However I have seen some really beautiful things at that early blessed hour.   Call me crazy but the night sky is way prettier at that hour.  I'm not sure why.  Perhaps its the way the moon illuminates the deep blue of the night (or should I say morning) sky or the stars shine brighter...honestly I'm not sure.  I'll share a couple....


A couple mornings back as I drove to work I observed that there were several storms brewing.  Each time the lightening would flash I would get glimpse of the clouds rolling in.  About 3:30 or 4 o'clock as I was going out to bring in the second pen that we milk I noticed we were completely surrounded by storms.  It was amazing!  I stopped for a moment to watch the lightening light up the sky at different points all around me.  Right above me however there was still clear blue sky with the stars sparkling in all their wonder!  It was one of the most beautiful night skies I have ever seen.

And earlier this week I saw the biggest shooting star with a tail that looked a couple miles long.

No comments:

Post a Comment