04 February 2014

Snippet and snails and puppy dog tails.....

I need to record these little memories somewhere. Yesterday Tylor and I were coloring and he tole me to draw a circle. So I drew a circle on the paper on his high hair tray. "no mom draw a circle" I looked up to see he was holding another piece of paper on his head. So I drew a circle on the paper on his head. My mother in law asked if he wanted me to draw his face. To which he responded by placing the paper over his face and telling me to draw. Where he comes up with these things I will never know.

A few moments later I was drawing and naming other shapes. As I drew a rectangle he said "door" and then "ding dong! Hello!" never a dull moment.

For the past at least 3 days he's been a little obsessed with his guitar shirt. He wore it Sunday and then yesterday dug it out of the dirty clothes and took it to grandma to put in him. Today he dug through the laundry basket and the crates we keep the boys clothes on looking for it. 

The funniest thing about this shirt though has got to be the sound effects he makes with it. After changing his diaper on Sunday I asked him what was on his shirt he told me a guitar and then I asked what sound it made. He played a little air guitar as he made some really good electric guitar noises. I asked him again later when everyone was together for dinner thinking what he had one earlier was a fluke but no he told us all it was a guitar and again played a little air guitar and made electric guitar noises. I don't know if Matt had taught him that or not but it cracked me up!

Talmage has been fearless the last little while. Today he climbed on the dinner table and as I went to get him off I was still a couple steps away and he dove off the table at me! He did the same thing off the stairs all the while with a big grin on his face!

Poor little guy though has been cutting teeth the past couple days. It so sad! I dislike teething....thanks heavens I know the end result will be worth it!

He's so curious. Today he sat playing with a pen the kind you can click in and out. He would carefully push the end with his little pointer finger. I flipped it over and clicked quickly several times he got excited but when I handed it back he looked it over and turned it right side up and proceeded to click it again with his little finger. I love watching him master new skills. I love the way he studies everything!

He's been cruising pretty good for a while and I just have to say is there really any thing cuter than chubby little legs and their awkward unsure steps! I love it! He's been trying to run and is getting pretty good this afternoon he talked over to Tylor who was watching "bobots" on Matt's IPad. He picked up the IPad and made off like a bandit. Oh my word and the teasing begins! He's one!

No comments:

Post a Comment