 |
| Minutes old. |
Our little guy finally made his appearance!!! I was scheduled to be induced on May 10th but our little guy was determined to do things on his own (wonder where he gets that from???) and I went into labor on Monday, May 9th. Tylor Mack weighed in at 7 pounds 9 ounces and was 20 inches long. We've thoroughly enjoyed him.
 |
| Proud Daddy |
One of the reasons I married Matt was because I knew he would be a good Daddy. It has been so fun watching him care for and watch over Tylor. On the way to the hospital Matt kept telling me how excited he was...I felt kind of bad because at that moment I was in enough pain it was hard to be excited about anything...other than maybe pain relief.
 |
| Our new little family |
We had a brief stint in the NICU for antibiotics to ward off a potential infection. Poor little guy got poked in both hands and a foot before they finally put the IV in his head. But he was a champ. Daddy by his side the whole time.
 |
| Chilling with Dad in the NICU. This is one of my favorite pictures. |
Hopefully Matt doesn't mind my telling this story but I had told Matt I didn't want Tylor to have a pacifier for a while because I had heard it could cause problems with nursing. When I walked into the NICU Matt flashed me a pacifier and with a sheepish look on his face said, "I caved" and then told me how upset Tylor had been getting poked several times. I would have caved too!
We had lots of visitors in the hospital from grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles.
 |
| JJ and Ashley (Matt's sisters) | | | |
 |
| Grandma Emma. She made Tylor the coolest tuxedo for his blessing...Pictures to come. |
|
 |
| Grandpa Wayne |
 |
| WAITING!!! |
Poor Matt was about half crazy after almost 3 days in the hospital. I can't blame him!!! Sitting around isn't something either of us do well.
 |
| Coming home. |
We were released on Wednesday and so grateful to come home! Not sure what to expect. We got a pleasant surprise when we got home...He's a sleeper! He does really well at night and we are so appreciative!!!
 |
| Playing cards with Buck. | | | |
| I'm not sure who appreciated this game of cards more Matt or Buck. | |
|
 |
| Isn't he precious?! |
 |
| Tiny feet |
 |
| I love walking in on sweet little moments like this when Tylor puts Matt to sleep. The both look so innocent! |
|
| | I can't believe the Lord sent us such a miracle! I can't help but stare at his little face, kiss his cheeks and hold him close. He's almost a month old and already seems to be growing right before our eyes! |
|
|
He is sooo cute!! I wish I could see him and you guys more. You guys make such a cute family. Its fun seeing my brother as a dad. I always knew he'd make a good one.
ReplyDelete