11 February 2010

HONEY DO!!! ...and other stuff.


So when I was a kid I remember Mom making large batches of bread on Saturday night. We'd have scones or hot bread for dinner. It was something I looked forward to. We also had treats on Sunday night instead of dinner. Well I was craving scones a couple of Sundays ago and here's how it went.

First you add the honey!


Matt's first question after I proposed scones was if we could have honey butter. Of course...can you really have scones without honey butter? As I'm sure you've already guess from the picture that Matt made the honey butter. One thing I love about Matt in the kitchen is the creative way he does stuff. I never would have thought of using a blender to make honey butter but he did.


Then you add the butter.

Unfortunately the butter seemed to pose a bit of a problem the result of which there are pictures to follow...

And pulse in the blender several times.


Add more honey to achieve the right balance of sweet.



As was mentioned above there was a bit of a problem with the frozen butter. It got stuck a bit in the blender and Matt dislodged the chunk of butter with the above pictured fork. Needless to say we sacrifice a fork but the trade was well forth it.


Put in a reusable container.(A bread bag works well as a funnel.)



Not gonna lie, I'm ashamed of the dishes behind Matt's master piece but his evil plot was that I wouldn't put this picture on here because of the dishes. Wrong!

Starving wife + small hole in the honey butter bottle= Big Explosion


Needless to say that the honey butter didn't last a long as we would have hoped because about 3/4 of the bottle ended up on my scone with one rigorous squeeze.


Here's an aerial view of the damage.


Just for Matt...From Megan with Love!


Dearest Sandy is Megan's "cute" dog that Matt loves to tease. When Matt got his elk I asked Megan to take a few pictures. She took this very special picture for Matt. eh he he he he he he


And last but not least the only good picture of the Elk Excursion. Megan was given strict orders to no blood or guts. Well Matt and Tylor and I all had our hands dirty so no pictures... oh well! we got 50+ pounds of hamburger.



1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Very Creative, I am surprised that you didn't come up with it! You have definately met your match!

    ReplyDelete